Candle burning safety ~
Never leave a burning candle unattended. Burn candles out of reach of children and pets. Always leave at least 10cm between burning candles. Do not burn candle on or near anything that can catch fire. Only burn candles on a level heat resistant surface. Never burn candles for more than 4 hours at a time. Do not allow the flame to touch the sides of the container. Container may become hot during use. Extinguish when 5cm of wax remains and DO NOT relight. Our glass Bell Jars are decorative items, and are not designed to extinguish candles. Only use when the candle flame is extinguished and the candle wax has cooled.
Do's and Dont's ~
Candle warnings and CLP information ~
Kip Candle Co. candles carry warning symbols and allergen/hazard information on the base of each candle. Although it is unlikely that your candle should come into contact with your skin, it is possible that some people may experience irritation should this happen. Which is why we need to inform you, our customer, of any potential allergens or irritants.
Some fragrance oils may cause harm to aquatic life, this is also listed on our CLP labels.
Below is a list of our current range of fragrances and their relevant ingredients, sourced from our supplier ~
- 'Alpine' Peppermint & Eucalyptus (Menthone) Contains: Cinnamaldehyde, Eucalyptol, Linalool, alpha-Pinene, beta-Pinene, d-Limonene
- 'Spiced Orange' Spiced Orange (Cinnamaldehyde, Eugenol, Isoeugenol, d-Limonene) Contains: Cinnamyl alcohol, Citral, alpha-Hexylcinnamaldehyde, beta- Caryophyllene, cis-4-(Isopropyl)cyclohexanemethanol
- 'Surfwax' Coconut Island (Coumarin) Contains: Allyl cyclohexanepropionate, d-limonene
- 'Seaweed Juniper' Seaweed & Juniper (2,2-dimethyl-1,3-dioxolan-4-ylenthanol,Linalyl acetate) Contains: iso E-Super, Eucalyptol, Geranyl acetate, Linalool, alpha-Pinene, d-Limonene
- 'Basil Citrus' ~ Citrus & Basil (p-t Butyl-alpha-methylhydrocinnamic aldehyde) Contains: 2-methyl-3-(p-isopropylphenyl)propionaldehyde, 4-tert-Butylcyclohexyl acetate, Linalool, alpha-Hexylcinnamaldehyde, d-limonen
- 'Sundown' ~ Himalayan Cedar & Jasmine (Iso E-Super) Contains: Eugenol, Linalool, Alpha-iso-Mehtylionone
- 'Barcelona' ~ Night Blooming Jasmine (3&4-(4-Hydroxy-4-methylpentyl) -3-cyclohexene-1-carboxaldehyde) Contains: iso E-Super, Linalool, alpha -Methyl-1,3-benzodioxole-5-propionaldehyde,delta-1-(2,6,6-Trimethyl-3-cyclohexen-1-yl)-2-buten-1-one,omega-Pentadecalactone,p-t-butyl-alpha-mehtylhydrocinnamicaldehyde
- 'Gin & Tonic' Gin & Tonic ~ Contains: Cinnamaldehyde, Eugenol, Coumarin, alpha-Pinene
- 'Rose Wine' ~ Pink Fizz and Pomelo (d-limonene) Contains: Iso E-Super, Citral, Linalool,Dimethylcyclohex-3-ene-1-carbal-dehyde (isomer unspecified), Ethylmethylphenylglycidate, beta-Pinene,dl-Citronellol, trans-Anethole
To get the most out of your KIP Candle Co. candle:
Allow a full melt pool.
Always ensure you get a full melt pool across the top of the candle; the wax should be completely melted to the edges of the container to avoid your candle ‘tunelling’ down the middle and wasting wax. We suggest 3-4hrs of burn time per session (although never leave your candles unattended).
Trim your wick.
Before each burn trim your wick to 5mm to avoid large flames and smoking. Remove any black from the wick with scissors before lighting.
We love our wooden wicks-they look great and the gentle crackling sound is super cosy.
They are a natural material and as such can be slightly more temperamental than our other wicks.
Follow the tips below and you should have no problem!
Trim your wooden wicks to 5mm and always clean off any burnt wood from previous use. This is best done when the candle is completely cool so charred wood doesn't stray into your molten wax.
It’s the candle wax being drawn up the wick that fuels the flame, not the wood, so if you have a wick that keeps going out it’s probably too long meaning the wax can’t make it to the flame.
If you notice one of the wicks has gone out, trim and relight as soon as you notice to keep an even burn. Scissors or nail clippers will do the job!
Dont throw us away!
We encourage you to repurpose your KIP Candle containers- they look fab with cacti or plants potted in. Scrape out any leftover wax and wash the inside with warm soapy water. Avoid washing the outside of the Original Metal Containers as the polished sheen can spoil.